~~~~~~~~~A place to share, create and explore all the wonderful treasures that life has to offer ~~~~~~~~

Monday, March 11, 2013

Birthdays

We have been very busy the past two weeks.
One of my close friends parents came by to visit.  It had been a couple of years since I saw them last.
 
Here they are posing with the kids, of course my youngest had to ham it up!
 
We also celebrated two birthdays!
My youngest turned 5 last Sunday and my next in line turned 7 this past Saturday!
Unfortunately my oven decided to call it quits so I couldn't make a homemade birthday cake.
I did however buy a small one at the grocery store for the 5 year old;
 
 
 
Then the next evening, his godfather showed up with this, as he wasn't able to be there the night before;
 
 
 
I thought that by the end of the week my oven would be fixed, but no, my handyman never showed with the part that we needed!  So once again, no homemade birthday cake for my other son:(
But then, Friday night I got a call from a woman who lives in one of our subdivisions.  She needed help making numbers for a penny auction they were having on Saturday.  Of course I helped out cutting numbers and stuffing envelopes.
On Saturday, after an appointment we had, we decided to swing by the auction and buy envelopes for each of us to bid on the items that were for sale.  There were so many things, especially for the kids to bid on and believe it or not, there was a cake a woman had donated.  Well, of course I bid on it as I had yet to pick up a cake for my son.  We stayed awhile as numbers were read to see if we won anything, and boy did we win, especially the kids!  They had a ball! 
Then it was time to draw for the cake, no luck:(
That was ok, I told my husband to take my son to play tennis (which was his birthday wish..lol) and I would decorate and pick up a cake while they were out.  Well, as I was decorating, the phone rang.  It was my friend over at the penny auction telling me to come and get the cake.  She said the man who won it heard there was a birthday boy and wanted to give it to him!  How sweet!  Needless to say, the cake probably wasn't something that he would have picked out but he was so surprised when he saw the cake and remembered it was from the auction:)
 
 
 
We also came home with a ton more presents that we had won, which made his birthday even more special!  So all in all the birthdays worked out and so have our meals as we have been crock-potting and microwaving for the past week and a half! 
Enjoy your week:)
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Ahhh, Lori, how sweet, love the cakes, yummy, Francine.

Cathy C said...

So glad all those cakes worked out the way they did:) I love that frog cake!! Too cute! The Good Lord always looks out for us, doesn't he?? We are all so blessed! Hope your oven is fixed very soon.

Danice G said...

Happy birthday to the boys! The frog cake was really unique. 'Hope you get your oven repaired soon :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

The cakes look great!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! We are supposed to get 4 more inches of snow tomorrow too!! UGH!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

I sooooo need cake right now! How sweet is that! Awwwww... I am glad that your boys' birthdays were good!!! I hope that the oven gets fixed soon! That has to be so frustrating!!!! Ugh!

Blessings and hugs!
Heather