~~~~~~~~~A place to share, create and explore all the wonderful treasures that life has to offer ~~~~~~~~

Monday, December 17, 2012

Merriment Chain Day #20 & #21

I realize I am a day behind and that once again I am posting two merriments in one day, but in the wake of everything that happened in Connecticut, my husband and I just wanted a day off with ourselves and our children.
 
We decided to surprise them with an early Christmas present - an overnight stay at the Hard Rock Hotel and an entire day at Universal here in Orlando.

Day #20
 
While my husband was out running errands on Saturday, I was secretly packing our suitcase.  They had no idea!  They thought on Saturday afternoon we were just going to mass and then come home but after church they were so surprised when we showed up at the hotel.
I didn't take too many pictures as I just wanted to enjoy the stay but here is one of them at the pool Saturday night.  We were able to take advantage of the heated pool, really fun water slide and a movie (Harry Potter) that played while we swam.

 
Day #21

On Sunday we woke up early and took a boat over to CityWalk.  From there we started at Islands of Adventure where we rode so many rides and saw the Grinchmas!   We eventually got over to Universal Studios, where we were so fortunate to see the Macy's Day Parade!

 
 
The kids had a blast!
Right after the parade, Mannheim Steamroller was playing a Christmas concert.

 
I couldn't get any good shots as it was starting to get dark and we were sitting a little ways back,
but it was excellent!
 
After all that, we ran back to Islands of Adventure as the park wasn't closing until 9.
My poor kids, they didn't want to leave but they were absolutely exhausted by the time we got home.  I felt so bad having to wake them for school this morning but they said that this was the best weekend ever - mission accomplished!  We had such a great time and appreciated every moment with them:)
God bless ~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

frontporchprims said...

Oh, Lori. You are great parents. Not many kids get opportunities like that where we live. I am so happy for your family. Sounds like a wonderuful time. -Steph-

Cindi said...

What a perfect way to spend a weekend. Give your littles a extra hug for me today! I am sure it was well worth it and I am glad you did it for your whole family!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Unknown said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! That is such a neat idea- a surprise getaway! We all want our significant others to do that for us...But, for kids- what a treasure. That pool is awesome! Movie, heat, swim! Ahhhhh!

Blessings, Heather